Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Publicity

Being an indie and getting publicity is not as easy as you'd think. I've scoured the web looking for people to either do a review or interview. I ran into one that no where on the site mentioned that they only did reviews with published (traditional) authors. She had sent me a email stating such and I sent one back apologizing for taking up her time. I have found a few that do both interviews and reviews, so I am now in the process of getting together everything the need. Like what? Answers to questions, a except from the book. Some people have told me you have to start at least four months out and not at the time of release. Trouble  I've run into is that the reviewer wants the "book" and how can you give it to them if it's not been released yet. Most don't want a manuscript. A work in progress. . .and I love the challenge!
And speaking of release. .. .the conversion of the manuscript is finished and should begin to be delivered to the various "stores". So hopefully "Perpetual Love" should be on Kindle and ibooks either the end of this week or the first of next, with Nook and Sony to follow by the end of next week. Will keep you updated as I find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment