Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Ups and Downs in the Technical Age

Sometimes I hate how technical our lives have become. I'm not a computer nerd, but I consider myself pretty saavy. Well, it happened yesterday. . .I had finished my first edit of my upcoming novel, Blood Lust, was ready to have it looked at by editor. I've been putting my work on CDRs in an effort not to slow down the hard drive on my laptop. Yesterday I went to open the CDR and it will not open my file! It's on the disc, but if I try to open, it says there is nothing there. After spending hours trying to open the file on the disc, I started to do the horrible task of re-typing the entire manuscript! I am so thankful I had kept the hard copy from my first edit/proofing! This time I am saving it to the hard drive. Next month a hard drive is in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment